Update + My Top 3 Tips for Clinical Year!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Long time, no post! Since my last post, I have graduated from my PA program and passed the PANCE! I am now a PA-C! It still doesn't feel real! I am currently taking a much needed break at home with my family while looking for a position in dermatology.


As I was brainstorming post ideas, I thought that tips for clinical year could be very helpful. I wish that someone had told me these tips before I started my clinical rotations!

1. Network, network, network! // I didn't realize how important this was until I began my job search and needed references. Make sure to ask your favorite preceptors for their contact information and ask if you would be able to use them as a reference once you begin your job search.

2.  Don't be timid! // Don't be afraid to ask to do things or be more involved during your rotations! I'm a shy and introverted person, so this was hard for me! I regret being a wallflower during my rotations because I missed out on so many learning opportunities.

3. Be honest! // If you don't understand something, ask! This kind of goes along with tip #2, but don't be afraid to ask questions! I was always so scared to ask questions because I didn't want to seem annoying or get in the way. Please don't feel this way! They chose to be preceptors, so if they can't handle being asked questions, they shouldn't be preceptors!

I hope you find these tips helpful!

-C

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs