Welcome to The P.A. Pursuit!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hello! My name is Chelsea, and I am going to be starting a physician assistant program in less than a month. I created this blog, so that I could share my experience as a P.A. student to help those who are interested in becoming a P.A. I will be including posts on other topics as well, such as fashion, beauty, gluten-free cooking, etc. I share a fashion, lifestyle, and beauty YouTube channel (DanniAndChels) with my twin sister, but she is going to take over our channel while I'm in school since I most likely won't have time to make videos. I figured posting on a blog would be more manageable for me.

I'll start off by giving you a little background on my education. I attended a community college for two years before transferring to a four-year college. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences. I originally planned on applying to medical school, but I did not do well on the MCAT. After wasting a lot of money on preparation for the MCAT and medical school application fees, I took some time to really think about whether or not it was worth it for me to try taking the MCAT again. I decided that it was not worth it. I had shadowed a lot of physician assistants in college, and I realized that I could do exactly what I wanted to do as a P.A. I also liked the fact that I wouldn't be in school forever since P.A. programs are usually only around two years long. Another plus of going to P.A. school instead of medical school is that it is less expensive, which is always nice!

-C

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs