Monday, January 11, 2016
I don't know what it is, but ever since I started PA school, my immune system has been horrible. Okay...I know what it is...it's stress, lack of a good sleep schedule, and a poor diet. Although, I came down with a cold during my winter break a couple days before classes started back up. It's crazy because I am such a germaphobe. I always wash my hands, disinfect my phone everyday, and try to hold my breath if someone around me sneezes or coughs until I am further away from them...and I still somehow end up sick! Anyway...here are some of the tips that help me when I'm sick with a cold!
1. Take Zicam - Take Zicam as soon as you feel a cold coming on and continue to take it throughout the next few days. I can't take it as often as the directions on the packaging says because it upsets my stomach, but I still feel like it helps me to get over my cold faster. I'm currently using the RapidMelts with Echinacea.
2. Gargle with Warm Salt Water - My mom always told me to do this, and it really helps if you have a sore throat! Try to do it several times a day.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Hi everyone! Every year, one of my New Years' resolutions is to become even more organized than I already am (weird, I know...but I feel like there is always room for improvement!). One of the best and easiest ways to stay organized and manage your time is to use a planner or agenda. I already have a planner that I purchased back in July, but looking at all the cute planners that are out there makes me want to buy another one (I won't though because #PoorPAStudentProbs). If you are looking for an inexpensive option, definitely check out Target! Here are some cute planners for varying budgets:
1. Sugar Paper Planner Weekly/Monthly (Target), $9.99
3. Sugar Paper Planner Weekly/Monthly (Target), $9.99
5. Kate Spade 2016 17-month large agenda - gold dots, $36 (on sale for $30 right now!)
Which planner is your favorite?