Long Overdue Update!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Hi everyone! I'm still alive! PA school hasn't killed me...yet. Haha! I'm sorry I haven't updated in quite some time. I have been super busy with school and school comes first! We are more than halfway through our first semester, and I cannot wait until our break in December!

The most difficult class for me has been Gross Anatomy. I mean...I'm doing okay in the class I guess, but I just hate getting anything below an A. I did really well in my anatomy class in undergraduate, so it just really bothers me. I think it is a combination of the professor and the amount of material in such a short period of time (...but mostly the professor...since there is a lot of material in the other classes and I'm doing well in them). I definitely recommend reviewing anatomy before starting PA school, especially if it has been awhile since you took the class in undergrad! If I had done that, maybe I wouldn't be having such a hard time in the class. I'm just glad that we will be done with Gross Anatomy after this semester!

We had our second Physical Diagnosis lab practical earlier today. It was on the Lungs/Thorax, Heart/Peripheral Vascular, and Abdomen. We had 30 minutes to do it. I did pretty well on it, but I made a couple stupid mistakes because I was so nervous. I literally felt like I was going to pass out or throw up. I'm always a nervous wreck, but I try my hardest not to show it. I was even more nervous because the professor who was grading me (and who is also my advisor) said I had such good grades beforehand and was expecting me to do really well. That just made me more nervous because I didn't want to let him down! I'm such a perfectionist that I am never satisfied, even if my grade is a 90-something. I will only be satisfied with a 100, which is obviously really hard to get. Anyone else have this problem? It is a really horrible mindset to have, and I'm trying not to beat myself up over grades that are still good. I'm definitely happy that I did a lot better on this practical than on my last one! I ended up running out of time on the last one because I talked/explained too much.

I have to go study for my Pathophysiology exam now, but I'm going to leave you with this picture of Ryan Gosling that I found online with the heart auscultation locations! Haha!

Image: Pinterest.com

Who doesn't love Ryan Gosling?? 

-C

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs