Random Rant

Monday, November 16, 2015

Hey guys!

I just wanted to write about something that has been really bothering me lately. In class last week, one of our professors told us that dermatology is the highest paying specialty for PAs. It seems like ever since then I have been hearing that more and more of my classmates want to go into dermatology. It is fine if you want to go into derm if you genuinely are interested in it, but don't just do it for the money. It isn't worth it because you won't be happy. I guess PAs are lucky in this sense since we can switch to another specialty fairly easily. I have been interested in dermatology since I was in high school, and I didn't know that it was a high paying specialty at that time. I would want to work in dermatology even if it was the lowest paying speciality because I am genuinely interested in it. I honestly wish it wasn't the highest paying specialty because that makes it more competitive, and I'm scared that I won't be able to find a job working in derm...but who knows? Maybe I will change my mind after my rotations and find out that I'm even more interested in something else.

If you are in PA school or medical school right now, what area of medicine do you think you want to work in?

-C

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs